This recipe uses saltines and milk to make a super tender fall off the bone fried chicken.
Maryland Fried Chicken
1 1/2 pounds chicken (thighs and legs), skin on, and on the bone
1/4 cup milk
1 cup smashed saltines (about 2/3 of a sleeve)
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1. Whisk together the egg and the the 1/4 cup milk.
2. Mix the crushed saltines, thyme, paprika, and pepper.
3. Add the oil to heavy duty skillet (pick one with a lid, you’ll thank me in step 7) and heat on medium.
4. Pat the chicken dry, dip in the egg mixture, and dredge in the saltines.
5. When the oil is shimmering add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes, rotating to make all the sides brown and crispy.
6. Drain all the oil.
7. Add the cup of milk, lower the temperature to medium low, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
8. Take off the cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
9. Eat your delicious reward.