Fresh broccoli is the key to good beef and broccoli. Well, lets be honest fresh everything is the key to good everything. But especially broccoli and especially now. Fresh broccoli still has flavor (sorry steamed) and it has a nice crunch that adds some good texture to the dish. Also, I didn’t have any fresh ginger but I bet that would have gone a long way.
[I was too hungry so I didn’t take a picture, but y’all know what beef and broccoli looks like]
Beef and Broccoli
1/2 lb flank steak
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 crown broccoli, cut into bit size pieces
1. Cut flank steak into 1/2 inch strips and put a thick dusting of ground ginger on it.
2. Heat some sesame oil in a large skillet and add garlic and onion when hot (medium heat).
3. When onions and garlic are cooked add beef. Cook until browned but not cooked through.
4. Add broccoli and cook 5 minutes or so.
5. Add 1/4 cup water and let simmer for a couple minutes, add cornstarch a little at a time and mix in to make a thicker sauce.
6. Add more water and cornstarch until you have a thick cream like sauce that covers all the beef and broccoli. Serve.